Saxon Hill School is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). NAEYC administers the nation’s largest and most widely recognized voluntary accreditation system for early childhood programs.
Programs accredited by NAEYC have voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process to demonstrate compliance with the criteria for high-quality early childhood programs. A high-quality early childhood program provides a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children.
In accredited programs you will see:
- Frequent, positive, warm interactions among adults and children
- Planned learning activities appropriate to children’s age and development
- Specially trained teachers
- Enough adults to respond to individual children
- Many varied age-appropriate materials
- A healthy and safe environment for children
- Nutritious snacks
- Regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times
- Effective administration
- Ongoing, systematic evaluation
To learn more about NAEYC accreditation standards and criteria, visit: www.naeyc.org/accreditation/.